What is Addiction Counselling?
Addiction Counselling focuses on the issues of dependency and/or abuse of drugs, alcohol, food, sex, gambling, work, exercise, sex and relationships.
Clients who struggle with addiction and compulsive behaviours often have a preoccupation with more than one addiction at any given time. Addictions can often evolve from underlying, unresolved issues. Working through these issues in a structured way can help you stay in recovery, and can also help you work on yourself at a deeper level. Our therapists can help support you with a wide range of addiction issues.
People who experience addiction issues may at times abstain from using a substance or compulsively obsessing about a particular behaviour. However, this often tends to be short lived, and without a structured programme there is a chance of relapse.
Our addiction counsellors are also experienced with the philosophy of the Minnesota model and the Twelve Step Programme.
Low Cost Counselling: £15 – £30 for 50 minutes
Private Counselling: £50 – £130 for 50 minutes (some therapists are a private healthcare provider)
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment to see one of our addiction counsellors, please call the reception team on 020 8673 4545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are open seven days a week.
Our addiction counsellors and psychotherapists are registered with one or more of the following professional bodies:
- BACP (The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- BPS (British Psychological Society)
- COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists)
- FDAP (The Federation of Drug & Alcohol Professionals)
- HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council)
- UKCP (The UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- UKRCP (United Kingdom Register of Counsellors/Psychotherapists)
- AHPP (UK Association for Humanistic Psychology Practitioners)
The Awareness Centre also provides Multilingual Counselling, LGBT Counselling, Anger Management, Bereavement Counselling, and Child & Adolescent Counselling within the NHS, Low Cost and Private Counselling Services.