The Awareness Centre (TAC) in Clapham, south London, is recruiting placement counsellors to work within its NHS counselling and HMP Brixton counselling services.
There are 15 placements available at TAC’s NHS counselling service, where clients are seen at GP surgeries across Lambeth. For the HMP Brixton counselling service, TAC is taking on four placement therapists.
This is a demanding placement that will quickly build your client hours. But it offers much more than that. A placement at TAC will give you experience of working with a diverse client group, and it will equip you for the rigours of private practice. It is more of an internship than a placement because during your time with TAC you will learn many aspects of being a therapist that your course doesn’t cover.
What you need
- You are completing an accredited training course in counselling, psychotherapy or counselling psychology.
- You are a member of a professional body (BACP, UKCP or BPS) and working towards accreditation.
- You have accrued between 30 and 65 supervised client hours.
- You are available to start straight away.
- You are in personal therapy.
- You have the capacity to work with up to four clients per week.
What TAC offers
- Full training in NHS and HMP Brixton online systems.
- Ongoing support from team leaders.
- Fortnightly group supervision offered free of charge.
- Training in risk assessment and good practice management
Apply online today. The next interview date is 2nd February.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 020 8673 4545