A one day CPD workshop with Anna Minogue BSc psych; MA psych; UKCP accredited
Saturday 7th December 2019
5 hours CPD
During this workshop we will explore, clarify and critically evaluate the clinical diagnosis of personality disorder. We will consider current theories of the development and maintenance of personality disorder, identifying recommended treatment pathways and therapies, as well as practical issues for those seeking to help.
By the end of this workshop you will be better able to: define the term ‘Personality Disorder’ and describe the main features of this mental health condition; describe how and why the problems associated with Personality Disorder develop from childhood and endure into adult life; describe a simple model for recognising the core features of personality disorder in the therapy setting; identify the treatment pathways and NICE recommended therapies for Personality Disorder and identify key practice issues for counsellors, psychotherapists and others in the helping role.
- What is personality disorder? DSM-5 and ICD-10 diagnostic criteria
- What are the different types of personality disorder?
- Critical evaluation: pros and cons of diagnosis
- How does personality disorder develop and why do problems persist?
- The biopsychosocial model; attachment and psychodynamics perspectives
- How might I recognise a personality disorder in the therapy setting?
- NICE treatment pathways and principles of care
- Crisis and risk management
- Therapist self-care and effective use of supervision
- Recommended therapies & self-care for the personality disorders: Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), Mentalisation based therapy (MBT), Transference Focused psychotherapy, (TFP), Schema Therapy, Therapeutic Communities
During the day, there will be information sharing, discussion, practical exercises, case studies, handouts and a resource list provided.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8673 4545.
Facilitator: Anna Minogue
Anna Minogue is a UKCP Integrative psychotherapist and supervisor with 15 years clinical practice and 25 years hands-on experience in mental health support work and management, including 10 years in mental health crisis services. Anna runs a private practice in North London and is a senior trainer and consultant for Mind, the mental health charity.
*This fee is non-refundable.