Highlights included having the opportunity to work alongside a diverse client base with mental health needs. Working within the NHS and gaining great insight of the workings of the IAPT system. Meeting and working in the company of other professionals with different modalities has been greatly valued.
Are you wondering what it takes to secure a counselling placement? Would you like to meet key people who can help you take that next step?
The Awareness Centre (TAC) can help you with all of the above.
We’re running a Counselling Placement Open Day on Tuesday 31st March 2020 that offers you the opportunity to ask all your questions and have them answered about the types of placement we offer. And it’s all for free.
The Open Day includes:
- An introduction to our key clinical team – Managing Director, Clinical Director and Counselling Manager.
- An overview about TAC and our placement levels we offer – from starting at the beginning of working with clients, to working towards completing your training.
- Hearing the story of a trainee therapist on placement within our NHS short-term and Low-Cost long-term services.
- Hearing the story of a trainee therapist on placement within our Psychosexual and relationship counselling service and working with couples
- Advice on how to apply for a placement with TAC and to be booked into an interview.
- Plenty of opportunity to ask questions about the placements we offer.
Come along if you are…
- Currently on a counselling certificate course and looking to secure a placement when you move into your diploma year.
- Wanting to understand what it means to be on a counselling placement, and what is required of you.
- On another placement already but looking for something that challenges and develops you more.
- Looking to diversify or extend your client experience while completing your training.
- Completing your training and working towards your qualification, while looking to accumulate client hours and experience to prepare you for private practice.
If you would like to discuss placement options before you book, call Cat our Counselling Manager on 020 8673 4545, or email email@example.com.
To book your space please select a morning or afternoon session below.
Please note – to guarantee your place you will need to enrol after completing the booking process.
Read what other therapists say about their experience on counselling placement at TAC:
Meeting and working with other placement counsellors and sharing their practice has been wonderful. The supervision I have received and the knowledge they have shared with me has been excellent and I believe has made me a better counsellor.
R.P, Hemel Hempstead
I’ve found TAC to be a challenging and supportive placement where there is a lot to learn, but it means I feel like I’m progressing in my training. There is lots of paperwork, policies and procedures which are great to know and understand as it feels very reflective of how working in an agency might be. I like the fact there’s the possible placement opportunity in the NHS as I gain more experience. Also, everything is very well organised here.
The group supervision at TAC led by Karen Dempsey, truly supports me in developing my practice, and I am grateful for Karen’s ability to be attuned to each person in the group. Karen encourages collaborative working and always enables me to experience in-depth exploration of my client work and my feelings in relation to it. Therefore, the insights gained for my NHS practice are invaluable and inspiring.
Having a placement at The Awareness Centre gave me a great opportunity to develop professionally and at the same time to grow as a person.
The Awareness Centre has been a great platform for me to start my counselling and psychotherapy career. The team have been very supporting and the fortnightly supervision has really helped develop me into the kind of therapist I want to be.