There are a number of sexual problems that may affect you:
- Anorgasmia (the inability to achieve orgasm).
- Dyspareunia (pain during sexual intercourse).
- Erection problems (inability to keep an erection).
- Lack of intimacy (the inability to form an intimate relationship)
- Loss of libido (decline in sex drive).
- Premature ejaculation (when a man ejaculates sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like).
- Retarded ejaculation (inability to ejaculate, or delay in achieving ejaculation during sexual activity).
- Vaginismus (when the muscles around the vagina tighten involuntarily whenever there is an attempt to penetrate it).
For more details on psychosexual issues please click here.
People may also be experiencing sex addiction (hypersexuality) issues and avoid intimate relationships. For example, a man can be preoccupied with pornography and spend hours on the internet looking at sexual images and masturbating to achieve a high, but avoid having a sexual relationship with a partner.
Hypersexuality, or sex addiction, is best described as a progressive intimacy disorder characterised by compulsive sexual thoughts and acts. Like all addictions, its negative impact on the addict and on family members increases as the disorder progresses. Over time, the addict usually has to intensify the addictive behaviour to achieve the same results. Turning to a psychosexual therapist can help addicts address the issues which have led to the addictive behaviour and identify ways of bringing intimacy back into their lives.
How psychosexual and relationship therapy can help
Sex is a complex subject in our society. People can carry a lot of shame or secrets as a result of their experience of sex, especially if someone has been sexually exploited or abused. It can take time to understand the art of intimacy, communication, attachment, touch, love, care, maturity – and that is where our psychosexual and relationship therapists can support you.
Psychosexual and relationship therapy can help adults of all ages, whether heterosexual, bisexual, lesbian or gay, single people and couples who are married or in long-term relationships. Our therapists can help support you with a wide range of issues.
The Awareness Centre has professional psychosexual therapists who are specially trained to support clients with all kinds of sexual difficulties, whatever the cause.
£50 – £130 for 50 Minutes. Some therapists are a private health care provider.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment to see one of our Psychosexual & Relationship therapists, please call the reception team on 020 8673 4545 or email email@example.com. We are open seven days a week.
Our Therapy Services
The Awareness Centre also offers Addiction Counselling, Anger Management Therapy, Bereavement Counselling, Child & Adolescent Counselling, LGBT Counselling and Multilingual Counselling within the NHS, Low Cost and Private Counselling Services.