We are committed to improving our services in response to feedback and evaluations received from our service users, staff and stakeholders. Every quarter we publish the changes we are introducing in line with our strategy plan to meet the requirements of our service users.
How we are supporting our services users within our counselling services – and addressing our limitations:
- We triage all of our service users before they are referred for counselling, psychotherapy or psychology. When we are not able to refer a client into one of our services, we signpost them to another organisation – as we are aware of our limitations during our referral process.
- We have recently received feedback that we need to provide more evenings and weekend slots to support our client population seeing therapists in our low-cost service in our Clapham and Tooting branches.
- We have looked at how our low-cost counselling service can meet this need, and we are now recruiting therapists in advance by inviting them to an Open Day. Our aim is to set up interviews and recruit therapists to fill the slots of therapists who are leaving the service – without leaving any gaps, and therefore providing more sessions at popular times.
- We have also looked at a strategy to provide more evening and weekend slots for our NHS Lambeth service-user population. We have now identified additional clinical space and have recruited therapists to work Friday evenings and weekends to reduce our small waiting list and increase service user access to counselling.
How we are responding to service evaluation and feedback from our stakeholders, including staff, therapists and clients:
- We launched our new website early in 2019: it offers more clarity on the services we offer, is more user-friendly and includes individual homepages for our centres in Clapham and Tooting detailing their services.
- We are constantly keeping our centres up to date with refurbishments. We are currently painting our Clapham branch and updating signs, and have included a new lighting system in our offices.
- We have refurbished our consulting rooms with soft furnishings to create a warmer and less clinical ambience. Photos will be uploaded onto our website once our refurbishments are complete.
Please contact us with comments, queries and suggestions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8673 4545.